Upbeat and urbane, the sophisticated Hugo introduces a lighthearted note to the contemporary environment. The armless swivel chair offers sassy modern lines for easy-going charm and an ample seat for comfort. Add one to make a high-spirited decorating statement, or place two opposite a sofa to create an instant guest-friendly conversation pit.
*One down lumbar pillow measuring 10" x 25" x 4" included and upholstered in the same chair body textile.
All hardwood frame with advanced unidirectional suspension system. Tight back and tight seat. Premium high-density, high-resiliency foam seat with single needle topstitching. Metal base with polished finish.
American Leather is a founding member of the Sustainable Furniture Council, a non-profit organization created to promote sustainable practices in the furniture industry. Here are other key ways in which we work everyday to make our products and factory more environmentally friendly. The frames are made of wood harvested from sustainable forests and all scrap wood is recycled. All leather uses water based pigments, and we offer 25 environmentally-friendly, biodegradeable leathers made through natural, chrome-free processes. Leather scrap is recycled and re-sold for the production of smaller leather goods. Many styles utilize foam made from BiOH polyols, a soy-based, environmentally-friendly ingredient.
Manufactured in Dallas, Texas, our central U.S. location yields a smaller carbon footprint than imported goods.
Minor rubs and a few scraches to polished aluminum base. Fine condition overall.
Care & Cleaning of Leather
Beyond an occasional vacuuming of crevices, applying a good leather conditioner every 6 to 12 months. This will help your leather piece maintain its own natural oils, keeping it soft and supple for many, many years. Contact leather care and cleaning products from the manufacturer, Leather Magic (800.232.4092). Before you call, take a look at the labeled swatch sample located under the left seat cushion or on some pieces, this swatch is located on the underneath side of the frame. This swatch will tell you the name of the leather grade and color. This will help Leather Magic match their best products to your leather type.
Leather will last for decades with the proper care and cleaning. In addition to this guide, refer to the care instructions that are provided with your furniture.
- Under normal usage/conditions, regular dry-cloth dusting and vacuum cleaning in crevices or along the bottom is all that is necessary to clean your furniture.
- The use of a good leather conditioner is recommended every 6-12 months.
- Protect your furniture from sun and direct light. Like any upholstery material, leather can fade to some degree if exposed to the sun.
Suggested Methods of Cleaning
- Always try any cleaning method in a hidden area first to convince yourself of the results.
- For minor spots and spills, wipe up any excess liquid immediately with a clean absorbent cloth or sponge. If necessary, use a lightly moistened soft cloth with clean lukewarm water, and let it air dry naturally. If water is used, clean the entire area where the spot occurred.
- Do not use soap or soak the stain heavily with water. This may cause more damage than the stain itself. If the stain persists, we recommend that a professional leather specialist clean the leather to avoid any potential damage to the leather itself.
- For butter, oil, or grease stains, wipe off excess with a clean dry cloth, and then leave alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather after a short period of time.
- For minor or slight scratches on the surface, use a chamois or clean fingers to gently buff the scratch. If needed, moisten lightly with distilled water to work scratches out.
- Remember that leather is a natural product and requires some care to maintain the natural beauty of the hide.
- Do not use saddle soap, cleaning solvents, furniture polish, oils, varnish, abrasive cleaners, detergent soaps or ammonia water.
How to remove leather scratches?
You may find success by using a chamois or clean fingers to gently buff minor or slight scratches on the surface. If needed, moisten lightly with distilled water to work scratches out. The regular application of a good leather conditioner every 6 to 12 months will help your leather maintain its own natural oils. This prevents drying, reducing your leather's susceptibility to scratching.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
American Leather's promise to you
• American Leather provides a limited lifetime warranty on the frame and suspension of our furniture.
• American Leather also warrants furniture to be free of defects in workmanship and materials, other than frame and suspension, for five years from the date of purchase.
• Comfort Sleeper® mechanisms are under warranty for ten years from the date of purchase.
Defects in workmanship and materials are defined, for the purpose of this warranty, as causing the product to be unsound structurally or mechanically, or altering the appearance of the piece substantially. This warranty applies under conditions of normal usage and does not apply to defects resulting from misuse, accidents, negligence or normal wear.
If a defect is found in the product, American Leather will repair or replace, at its option, the defective workmanship or material. American Leather reserves the right to arrange local repair, and the cost of packing and shipping to and from factory is not covered by the warranty unless expressly arranged by American Leather.
The warranty is nontransferable. Product purchased off of a retailer's sales floor is not covered under the American Leather warranty.
A warranty card is attached to every piece of American Leather furniture. Please take the time to read this information carefully, fill out the information card and mail to the address provided, or register your warranty on American Leathers website.